With snow on the ground, it’s difficult to think about golf in Western Canada. But soon the tournament season will be upon us. So now is a good time to think about how to leverage marketing investments at charity or major corporate tournaments this season.
Up to now, not much has changed at golf tournaments. Sponsor or supplier recognition remains pretty traditional – a few signs or banners around the club house, a sign at the hole you sponsor and maybe some golf promotional items like golf balls. These meet basic needs but don’t offer anything new to the sponsor.
But there is a new option worth considering – both for courses selling tournament packages and for sponsors of small or large tournaments. Advances in graphic decal materials make it very practical to place decals on paved cart paths at a very low cost. Placement options are numerous including:
- Directional signage placed on cart paths directing golfers to starting locations such as the 1st or 10th hole or between holes. A course we spoke with has a hole that takes a five minute drive to reach. This situation offers an opportunity to use cart path graphics to highlight points of interest, offer sponsors unique recognition or promote features of their adjacent recreation property development. Cart path graphics provide major sponsors the opportunity to have both brand and product images located in strategic locations on the course.
- Unique hole signage to provide detailed graphics for hole descriptions or sponsor branding. As well, easily can add interactive elements including scan to win or text to win contests for tournament participants.
- Visible entrance signage into the course parking area, around the club house or cart areas.
Cart path signage offers many advantages over traditional signage or banners including:
- Guarantee content will be seen;
- It won’t blow away – important with the strong winds we experience;
- It doesn’t obstruct views on the course
- It offers a wider range of size and shape options
- Increased graphic creative options.
New materials available make installation and removal easy. As well, some new products are fully recyclable. It is an option worth pursuing with tournament organizers or golf courses. Contact us to explore more ideas on how to incorporate into your tournament sponsorships.
CF Marketing Group delivers OOH media for promotion and advertising applications to capture the attention of your audience, engage their interest and generate results at events, golf tournaments, sports venues or any venue your target audience congregates.
Our specialty OOH advertising medium – ParkadeAds provides advertising space where consumers work and shop including West Edmonton Mall which generates over 30 million visits annually.
Contact me at 403.452.2699 or by email email@example.com to explore ideas or request a quote.